Three bids in the tender to build Ostrołęka C power plant
Commencement of the construction of Elektrownia Ostrołęka C power plant is moving ahead. The deadline for bids in the proceedings in a public tender to build Elektrownia Ostrołęka C expired at noon on Thursday, December 28. The envelopes containing bids by three potential contractors were opened on the same date.
The purpose of the proceedings is to select a contractor for a turnkey delivery of a power plant with a single new power block rated at c. 1000 MWe, with a net efficiency of at least 45% and a supercritical steam design (Elektrownia Ostrołęka C).
- We are happy with the interest in building the new power plant, a part of our strategy to develop generation potential and ensuring energy security, said Daniel Obajtek, President of the ENERGA Group. - The tender will be resolved after evaluating the bids. We are interested in an effective selection of the contractor and the start of the next stage leading up to execution of this project, together with our partner, Enea, which has the experience in building power plants. Execution of this very important project will facilitate efficient replacement of the worn out generation capacity within the National Energy Sector, while safeguarding the natural environment.
Tender announcement has been published on December 17, 2016 in the Official Journal of the European Union, with no. 2016/S 244-445906. The proceedings are held as a competitive dialogue based on the Law On Public Procurement dated January 29, 2004 (i.e. Journal of Laws item 1579, 2017).
The proceedings are held by Elektrownia Ostrołęka S.A., a company whose shareholders include ENERGA and Enea. Immediately prior to the opening of the bids, the Ordering Party said it intends to spend PLN 4,803,150,000 to finance the project.
Bids in the proceedings were made by:
- China Power Engineering Consulting Group Co., Ltd. – the contractor has offered to build Elektrownia Ostrołęka based on specifications set in the tender for a flat payment of PLN 4,849,828,212.18, gross;
- A consortium of GE Power Sp. z o. o. and ALSTOM Power Systems S.A.S. – the contractor has offered to build Elektrownia Ostrołęka based on specifications set in the tender for a flat payment of PLN 6,023,034.950, gross;
- A consortium of Polimex-Mostostal S.A. and RAFAKO S.A. – the contractor has offered to build Elektrownia Ostrołęka bsad on specifications set in the tender for a flat payment of PLN 9,591,540,000, gross.
- The price is not the sole criteria to evaluate offers in the proceedings, it is just one of the components, says board member of Elektrownia Ostrołęka S.A. Edward Siurnicki. The ordering party will select the best bid based on criteria set in the SIWZ (tender specifications).
High-efficiency Elektrownia Ostrołęka C
A high-efficiency power block rated at c. 1000 MWe, with a supercritical steam design, fired by hard coal, designed using of the most advanced ecological technology. It is a key investment for the Polish energy security.
Electrical energy at Ostrołęka C will be produced in compliance with the existing European Union regulations on limiting emissions into the environment and efficiency requirements. It will incorporate the most advanced technologies, proven in the field, facilitating operation of the power block with a high degree of availability and efficiency, all the while ensuring full utilization of the byproducts of the power generation process.
Technical specifications of the project:
- Power output ~1 000 MWe (gross)
- High degree of flexibility – load variability 30 - 103%
- High degree of net electrical efficiency > 45%
- High degree of availability > 8 000 h/a
The main basis for the construction of a power block in Ostrołęka is to deliver a profitable investment that will guarantee the shareholders a satisfactory return. The project is open to the participation of financial investors and investment funds.