The EU finds will support the development of Polish energy sector
Krzysztof Tchórzewski, the Minister of Energy, on 28 December 2016 signed the first agreements for project financing lodged as part of 1.1.2 sub-measure - Supporting projects relating to the construction and reconstruction of grids enabling connection of energy generation units from RES within Infrastructure and Environment Operational Programme for 2014-2020, for which the Ministry of Energy is the Intermediate Body.
Beneficiaries of the concluded agreements is Enea Operator and PGE Dystrybucja.
Enea Operator (as part of three agreements) will obtain co-funding in the amount of ca. 37 million for the realisation of 3 undertakings:
- construction of Choszczno II and Recz station;
- construction of 110 kV Piła-Krzewina-Miasteczko Krajeńskie overhead line (16 km) together with the reconstruction of Miasteczko Krajeńskie 110/15 kV station;
- reconstruction of 110/15 kV Wronki station.
PGE (as part of two agreements) will obtain funding in the amount of ca. PLN 27 million for:
- construction of 110/15 kV Korczowa station along with the construction of 110/15 kV Korczowa station;
- and reconstruction of 110 kV Sieradz-Jawor-Błaszki overhead line.
The projects’ objective is to increase the possibilities of connecting new generation capacity from RES to the power grid.
The support foreseen in 1.1.2 sub-measure - Supporting projects relating to the construction and reconstruction of grids enabling connection of energy generation units from RES may be used by applicants whose projects relate to the construction and reconstruction of the power grid with the voltage of at least 110 kV, enabling connection of energy generation units coming from a renewable source to the Public Power System and 110 kV distribution network.